An Update from the Centre Manager – 27 August 2020
September News Flash!
.. As we roll into September (Soon be Christmas 😊)
- We will be reopening on a Friday morning for Oxygen Therapy and Physiotherapy
- We welcome back all of our Therapists, so we can now offer Physio, reflexology, Massage and Chiropody
- We can now offer 3 spaces in each of our Hyperbaric Oxygen Sessions where we can, making sure of course, firstly that our clients are happy and comfortable and ensuring that there is suitable distance between the seating to remain safe
- In line with the return to schools, we are reintroducing our Tuesday session for Children. These take place on a Tuesday at 4.00 pm, commencing on the 8th September – So let the fun begin 😊
- We are now once again, able to welcome new clients (MS or not) to use the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber (Hooray) and can offer our Induction Sessions that include a ‘Test’ session in our HOC. These sessions take place on a Thursday afternoon at 3.00 pm. Please call or e mail the centre for a chat and to book your Induction. We always look forward to meeting new clients.
- ………… So, from Thursday 10th September, our 4.00pm Oxygen Session reverts back to it 4.30pm slot.
- …………And finally, we are restarting our Bonus Ball Lottery competition – Clare will have all the details. So let us know if you would like to join in, if you haven’t done already !
Enjoy the Bank Holiday Weekend
From The Solent MS Therapy Centre Team
Phased Re-opening of the Centre – Update 15 July 2020
We are very pleased to be able to welcome back all of our Members from 20 July, both Full (those with MS) and Associate (any other condition).
Please note that we are still in Phase 1 (6 July – 7 August) so nothing else has changed yet – it is still Oxygen Therapy only and availability in the Barochamber is limited to 2 people per session, however we also have the Oxygen Concentrators available throughout our opening times.
We are taking bookings by telephone only and taking payment at the time of booking.
It is all quite different here, so if you’ve not been in since March please read the details!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Phased Re-opening of the Centre – 24 June 2020
We are very pleased to announce the phased reopening of the Centre.
During Phase 1 (6 July – 7 August) we will be open to Full Members for Oxygen Therapy, by appointment only.
We will be taking bookings by telephone only from 29 June and taking payment at the time of booking.
Things will be quite different, so please read the details!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Temporary Centre Closure – 17 March 2020
Due to increased concern around the Corona Virus in Hampshire, the Trustees have taken the decision to temporarily close the Centre and continue to monitor the situation. This is a preventative measure, we have not been directly affected and the staff will still be at the Centre to address concerns and enquiries via telephone and email.
Coronavirus Guidelines – 3 March 2020
We hope that you are keeping well! However, if you do have flu-like symptoms, or have had direct contact with anyone who either has Coronavirus or who has been to a high risk area, please stay away from the Centre for 14 days and follow the self-isolation protocol.
New 16.5′ (1.5 atmospheres) Oxygen Session
Please note, from 1 February the 11:00 Oxygen Session on a Saturday will be 16.5′ (1.5 atmospheres).
This is available to children (accompanied by a parent) or adults who require a less deep session.
Please get in touch to book.
Christmas & New Year Opening Times 2019/20
Grand Christmas Raffle
Here is the complete list of fabulous prizes very kindly donated to the Centre for our big Christmas fundraiser – £1 a number available in the Centre until midday Wednesday 18 December.
Christmas Sale 2 – 23 December
We have lots of lovely gifts available to buy in the Centre why not pop down for a look?
Great South Run – 20 October 2019
Many thanks to all of our amazing runners and to everyone who sponsored them and came down to cheer them on on the day – they raised over £1500 for the Centre!
Fundraising Walk & Summer Social Picnic – 24 August 2019
We hope that lots of our Members and Supporters and their friends and family will be able to join us for a picnic in Bransbury Park on Saturday. There will be a fundraising walk from the Centre through North End, Fratton and Milton to the park if you would like to join us – fancy dress optional but preferable! We will take photo evidence of the staff and volunteers in their tutus for anyone unable to attend!
World MS Day – 30 May 2019
The theme of World MS Day was raising awareness of the invisible symptoms of MS and its unseen impact on quality of life.
We had a visit from local TV channel That’s TV Solent, Click Here to watch their piece on the Centre.
Pictured: Centre Manager Jo Jennings being interviewed by That’s TV reporter Dan Dove.
New Forest Bike Ride – 19 May 2019
Many thanks and congratulations to Scott and Fin for cycling 63.5 miles in 5 hours 2 minutes on single speed bikes (no gears!) through the New Forest on Sunday!
They have raised a fantastic £368 for the Centre!
Spring Sale at the Centre 8-18 April 2019
We will be having a Spring Sale at the Centre from 8- 18 April with lots of Spring and Easter themed goodies and a multi-hamper raffle! We hope you can make it down.
Donations for the event also gratefully received!
If you are interested in joining the team as a neuro-physiotherapist, please do get in touch!